Saturday, July 2, 2011

That's all, folks!!

NOAA Teacher at Sea:  Tammy Orilio
NOAA Ship Oscar Dyson
Mission:  Pollock Survey
Geographical Area of Cruise:  Gulf of Alaska
Date:  2 July 2011

Personal Log:
Well, my trip has finally come to a close.  It's been an eventful 3 weeks and a great experience!  I'd like to extend a big THANK YOU to everyone involved with NOAA's Teacher at Sea program, which allowed me to participate in this wonderful excursion.  I learned so much while on this trip, and I cannot wait to be able to use the information in my future classes.  I almost said I couldn't wait for school to start back up, but that's not quite right- I'm just starting my summer vacation!!  
Secondly, I'd like to thank the crew on the NOAA Ship Oscar Dyson, and the scientists on this leg of the trip, for letting me come aboard and participate in this research survey.  The time on board, whether working or waiting for fish, will stay with me forever!  
Jason- thanks for being so easy to work with!  I'm glad we were the "guinea pigs" for working on our logs together- I think it worked well!  I'm glad I didn't ruin the picture you bought by hitting that annoying child on the plane with it!  

I hope you all enjoyed reading my blog, and I want to thank you for reading it!  It feels great when I see my "Total Pageviews" going up and up :)  Dana Steel, thanks for answering all of my questions- correctly!!  
Here are some last photos of the trip- I stole them from Jason's blog (thanks!), and he got them from Paul, our Chief Scientist on the trip.  This is what you get when you have a good camera.  Thanks again, everyone!!







Fog/clouds in the Gulf of Alaska??  Who ever heard of such a thing?!?!

1 comment: